Midwest Writing Center Announces Poetry On Demand Program
Gift the gift of original poetry while supporting local writers
What: Bespoke Poems QC: Poems on Demand
When: Orders open thru the end of February
Where: Order online via the MWC website
Cost: Pay what you want starting at $20; tips encouraged for poets
This year for Valentine’s Day, MWC wants to help you give the ones you love something creative, personal, and one-of-a-kind: poems.
MWC is partnering with some of the best poets and writers in the community to offer bespoke poems, written for anyone you’d like to gift a poem—for any occasion you like, or for no occasion at all.
By participating in this limited-time program, you’re not only giving a unique poem to someone you care about, but you’re also supporting local writers and writing/literacy programs in the Quad Cities. Here’s how it works:
1. Visit the Bespoke Poetry page on the MWC website: http://www.mwcqc.org/bespoke-poems-qc/
2. Pay the fee using the PayPal link below (bespoke poems start at $20, but you can pay what you like from there—you can also leave a tip for the writers once you’ve received your poem, as poets keep 100% of tips)
3. Fill out the information form with information about the person and/or occasion the poem is to be written for, including your choice of poet (MWC will assign the poet for each client)
4. MWC will send you a digital copy of the finished poem as soon as we have it from the poet; hard copies can be mailed or picked up at the MWC offices in the Rock Island Public Library downtown branch.
5. We have two deadlines for Bespoke Poems this year:
–Valentine’s Day deadline: order and submit your info before
February 8 to get your poem before Valentine’s Day
–Deadline for all other occasions: order and submit your info
before March 12
Please contact Ryan Collins at MWC with any questions or for more info: (309) 732-7330, email@example.com