Call for Submissions:
Writer’s Block E-Magazine 2020
MWC is seeking submissions for its annual Writer’s Block e-magazine, set to be released in May 2020. The Writer’s Block is available to current MWC members, Iron Pen contestants, and Writer’s Block contributors, so if you’re not currently a member and would like to get the e-magazine, you can become a members on our website.
Submissions are open to any writers living in the Quad City area, and/or any writers who participated in the literary arts in and around the Quad Cities in the past 12 months (or, throughout 2019).
- Reviews of local author books: we are looking for short reviews (max. 500 words) of books published by local authors – no self-reviews, please
- Personal essays on writing-related topics (max. 1,000)
- Poems (up to 3 poems per submission, no more than one poem per page, single spaced)
- Short Prose (fiction or nonfiction, up to 2,000 words, double spaced)
- Short articles (max. 500 words) about MWC events, or other literary events in and around the Quad Cities (preferably with pictures)
- Short articles (max. 500 words) on writing, including how-to, tips and tricks, getting published, the writing life, etc.—we are open to ideas, so if you have something you think would be a good fit, contact us. We’re excited to hear your ideas!
- 2020 Iron Pen X Winners and Finalists: as a feature to the Iron Pen contest, we will be publishing all the winners and finalists in the 2020 Writer’s Block. For Iron Pen info and registration, please visit: http://www.mwcqc.org/contests/iron-pen/
Formatting Guidelines for All Submissions:
- All submissions should be typed, 12pt font, Times, standard formatting
- All submissions should be sent via email to email@example.com
- All submissions should be sent as MS Word attachments (.doc, .docx)
- All submissions should be original work by the author
- Please include the phrase “Writer’s Block Submission” in the Subject Line of your submission email
*All submissions must be received via email by April 1, 2020*
Please contact Ryan Collins at MWC (309-732-7330, firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about submissions. Thanks and we look forward to reading your work.