Young Emerging Writers Host Pop-Up Writing Camps in Davenport, Rock Island, and Online July 27- 29
What: Young Emerging Writers Pop-Up Writing Camps
When and Where: Three locations on two dates, July 27 and 29; online July 28
- Tuesday, July 27, 10:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. on the Figge Art Museum Plaza (225 W. 2nd, Davenport)
- Tuesday, July 27, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Rock Island Public Library (401 19th, Rock Island)
- Wednesday, July 28, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – livestream to YouTube, FB Live, and other platforms
Thursday, July 29, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. outside Rozz-Tox/Laborspace (2108 3rd, Rock Island)— POSTPONED due to wet conditions & heat advisory
Cost: Free and open to the public, donations appreciated and go to support MWC youth writing programs
Contact: Sarah Elgatian, Program & Marketing Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org | 309-732-7330
The Young Emerging Writers (YEW) will host four pop-up writing camps for students K- 8th grade in Davenport, Rock Island, and online July 27-29. The Pop-Up camps will features writing games, activities, and crafts, including 1-page books, mad libs, open mic readings by participants, and more.
Events are free and open to the public, but donations are appreciated and 100% of donations will be used to support youth writing programs at the Midwest Writing Center.
While the activities are geared toward younger students, parents and passers-by are welcome to participate. Stop by, write, listen, and create with some of the area’s brightest young writers!
- Tuesday, July 27, 10:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. on the Figge Art Museum Plaza. This event is rain or shine; in the event of rain, event will be held in the lobby.
- Tuesday, July 27, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. outside at the Rock Island Public Library – part of RIPL’s Scratch Cupcakes & Summer Reading event.
- Wednesday, July 28, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – livestreaming writing activities and prompts to YouTube, FB Live, and other platforms.
- Thursday, July 29, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. outside Rozz-Tox/Laborspace (2108 3rd, Rock Island)
Please contact Sarah Elgatian for more information, or to RSVP to any of these events: email@example.com
Funding and material support for the 2021 Young Emerging Writers Summer Internship Program and YEW Teaching Artists generously provided by a special program grant from the Illinois Arts Council Agency, the Regional Development Authority, Modern Woodmen of America, the Quad City Community Foundation, the Rock Island Public Library, the Figge Art Museum, and Rozz-Tox.